Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two of my T4As are getting double counted. I deleted all four of my T4As, but this extra income is still showing up. The problem seemed to be related to the T2125s.

4 Replies

Two of my T4As are getting double counted. I deleted all four of my T4As, but this extra income is still showing up. The problem seemed to be related to the T2125s.

Some income on the T4A is considered to be self-employment income:

• Box 20
  • Box 48
  • Box 28 and you selected yes to the question Does the income declared in Box 028 consist of fees collected for services you provided? in the online edition of TurboTax

When you enter a T4A with one of those amounts, and then create a T2125 - Business Statement, TurboTax will automatically add the amounts from the T4A to that form. So if you include the amounts from your T4A in your "Sales, commissions, or fees" or "Other Income" amounts, it will be doubled.

Thanks for the response, but that wasn't the issue. I think it must be more of a technical bug with the software. I eventually got all the T4As and T2125s deleted, and I started over by re-entering the four T4As. 

There is still something funny going on though. Three different 2125s were auto-generated, which is fine I guess (Two of the T4As had income in box 20, one in business fees for line 48, and one for professional fees line 48. I'd rather just  do one T2125 for all four slips, but I can work around that. The problem now is that I just can't get all the T2125s filled out without something going wrong. Sometimes when I try to get into a T2125 to add the business details the software will generate a random new T2125 showing $0.00. Then I have an extra T2125 for no reason and I have to delete it (and sometimes it won't delete). It's all very frustrating, but the bottom line is that the software is glitching pretty bad... I spent a lot of time getting the rest of the my return done on this software, so I hope I can get this sorted somehow.

For some reason TurboTax entered my commission income twice. The gross commission and the commission net of HST. I don't know how or why it did that. I'll have to start all over again.

If you used CRA Auto-Fill for your T-Slips they would have been entered already, and you manually entered them afterward, that could be the cause of it doubling.

If you are still having issues please contact customer service for assistance.