Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the hell is box 197??

4 Replies

If you are using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download in EasyStep Mode, please go to Income> T-slips> T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity scroll to the bottom of the T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income window to find the boxes relating to Covid benefits like Box 197.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in Forms Mode, please click on the box next to “Enter here CERB boxes 197 to 204” on the T4A to open the pop-up window to find Box 197.

If you are still unable to find box 197, you can contact us through social media

Thank you for using TurboTax. 

So, I've gone through both forms mode and easystep - there is no box 197 listed in "other" there 196 and dozens of others but no 197.

I've spent hours looking.

In your post, you recommend reaching out via social media, but that link seems broken as well - "https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/where-can-i-find-turbot..." the specific error is "An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url. ".

For myself and others that may be experiencing the same issue - where do I go from here?

Ok for myself I figured out where I went wrong.

Because I maintain several versions of the application on my system, I had inadvertently done my taxes in Turbotax 2019 where of course there would be no box 197 because there was no Cerb.

Redid the taxes in 2020 and box 197 is sitting there in the T4A form in plain site.

Hope this helps someone, I thought I was going nuts.

I have used Turbo Tax for many years but this will be my last year ! I can't believe how badly this is designed. One would think that CERB would not be complicated to enter but it is total Babel. Why not have a section simply named CERB !? This is beyond ridiculous !! 😡