Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have error code 2123 for an overpayment or EI. How can I delete it from line450 on my 2014 return? I can't seem to modify line 11 either.

I am unable to NETFILE as I received an error Code 2123, telling me that I am past the period to collect for an EI overpayment and that line 450 must be deleted. I cannot override it, or lines 11 or 12. I need to NETFILE as I cannot make the deadline the CRA set for me if I use snail mail or even courier. How can I override this amount?

4 Replies

I have error code 2123 for an overpayment or EI. How can I delete it from line450 on my 2014 return? I can't seem to modify line 11 either.

You will need to go to the left hand side to T-Slips and find your T4E - Once open you can then delete the amount you entered in box 26 -which is the overpayment. Once completed you will continue and everything should automatically have deleted from the other line numbers once you remove the amount in box 26.

Oc1

This response is assumptive and incomplete. I have the same exact issue and my T4E shows only 0s in every box including Box 26 yet I have twice gotten the same error code 2123 from CRA. Please help. Thanks!

wasfou

Hi - so I looked up the T4E and nothing was in there - when I tried to adjust by the number indicated as overpayment I got the same error. My overpayment is due to multiple employers in one year and paying full EI throughout the year though my income was way higher than the maximum (I paid more than double the contributions). Thanks for your assistance with this.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If this is regarding claiming EI premium overpayments on Box18 on your T4 slips for prior tax returns, you are allowed to claim the amount up to the last three years only. EI premium overpayments claims can go back 3 years and CPP contribution overpayments claims can go back 4 years. 

On the TurboTax Desktop/Download, you will need to override the overpayments from the schedules 8 and T2204 > when you try to override the payment it will deny it > click ok on the pop-up window > click F2 > accept the condition in the new window > change the amount to zero

For your reference:

EI premium rates by year:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/payroll/payroll-deductions-co...

CPP contribution rates by year:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/payroll/payroll-deductions-co...

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful