Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeboyd

Received a T5008 trading summary - this only shows transactions no boxes 14-20 - am I missing a page or is there a way to add this?

2 Replies

Received a T5008 trading summary - this only shows transactions no boxes 14-20 - am I missing a page or is there a way to add this?

When you receive a T5008 "Statement", you don't need these box numbers as you will be entering the information in the Capital Gains Profile section of TurboTax. If your statement gives you a total of all your transactions, you can make one entry in TurboTax for all of them. 

• To enter these, go to Income > Investments > Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile > and check the box next to Sold stocks, bonds, real estate, other capital property, and continue.
Sepidnour

When we receive a T5008 Statement, shouldn't we update the T5008 ? Are you saying we need to add the information to Capital Gains section as well?