Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mche2450

Switch from cd/software version to online version will old data be uploaded automatically?

i would like to switch to online version but have previously used cd/software version, if i switch, does my old data on my computer get uploaded to the online version so that i don't have to reenter?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Switch from cd/software version to online version will old data be uploaded automatically?

Your previous year personal details and any carryforward amounts can be imported from a stored Turbotax PC file into your 2015 on-line tax return.

This process is not 'automatic' .
When you create a new 2015 tax file in Turbotax on-line, you will be asked whether you want to import  from a 2014 return. You will then need to browse files on your PC to locate your .tt14 stored file. That file might be on the PC hard-drive, or on an attached memory device.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Your previous year personal details and any carryforward amounts can be imported from a stored Turbotax PC file into your 2015 on-line tax return.

This process is not 'automatic' .
When you create a new 2015 tax file in Turbotax on-line, you will be asked whether you want to import  from a 2014 return. You will then need to browse files on your PC to locate your .tt14 stored file. That file might be on the PC hard-drive, or on an attached memory device.