Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
springer1

T5008 - as securities transactions are disclosed to CRA annually, do I need to enter the T5008 info as well?

1 Reply

T5008 - as securities transactions are disclosed to CRA annually, do I need to enter the T5008 info as well?

Even though your T5008 transactions are already with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you are still required to file them on your return. To enter the details of your T5008 in your return, follow the steps outlined below:

1. Sign in to your return.
  2. Click Find from the top right corner of the page.
  3. Type T5008 and select T5008 Securities Transactions from the list of options available below and click Go.
  4. The T5008 - Summary step appears, Select Enter New T5008. The T5008 - Securities Transactions step appears

Fill out the form in TurboTax with the information from your slip. If your T5008 slip is for a joint account shared between spouses, enter your spouse’s percentage of ownership in the field Enter percentage of slip to claim on your spouse’s tax return (if applicable)

1. Select Done With T5008. The T5008 - Summary step appears
  2. Review the information on-screen and follow the instructions below that match your situation:
  • If the information is correct, select Done With T5008 Slips
  • If the information isn’t correct, select Edit next to the slip and correct the information. When you return to this step, select Done With T5008 Slips

For more information on T5008 visit our TurboTax article -T5008 Slip - Statement of Securities Transaction

For more information visit our TurboTax FAQ- How do I enter a T5008 slip (and matching Relevé 18, if applicable)?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.