Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beirnesw

Can moving expenses be carried forward? I moved from AB to BC in Dec 2018 with the Feds

I recently moved to BC from AB, I work with the feds, I started working in BC in Oct 2018, I commuted back to AB monthly until my family and I gained possession of our home in Dec 2018. Hence our formal settle date is Dec 2018. That said how do I use my moving expenses efficiently on taxes? How do I calculate the income earned while in BC vs AB. As everyone knows, Pheonix pay system is a giant cluster F*@!. Can I carry forward my expenses to 2019 tax year instead? My wife is annoyed that we are using this program this year since we moved but I've been using Turbotax for eons now and love it. Your help would be greatly appreciated

1 Reply

Can moving expenses be carried forward? I moved from AB to BC in Dec 2018 with the Feds

Thank you for being a loyal customer. We appreciate it very much.

The link below will explain how to enter these moving expenses. (Also on the bottom of that page are "related information" links that will assist you as well).

How do I claim moving expenses in TurboTax? https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648075