Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download my 2016 tax return file (tt2016) if I had used TurboTax online to file? I purchased the software version this year (2017 TurboTax Premier).

2 Replies

How can I download my 2016 tax return file (tt2016) if I had used TurboTax online to file? I purchased the software version this year (2017 TurboTax Premier).

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer information from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/download. TurboTax Online can’t save to the .ttxx format, however you can get a .pdf file with your complete tax return information for you reference. Here is how you can print a copy of your tax return in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648070

Thank you for your response. However, that absolutely baffles me. It is the same product, produced by the same company, just under a different platform. I am still a paying customer using either one of those services and it is such an inconvenience. If I had known this limitation I would not have purchased the software version for my family.

It should not be difficult for Turbotax to program a conversion between the online and software platforms. I strongly urge this to be added in the future.