Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter started highschool in BC in Sep but will be moving back to our house in AB at the end of the school year. She has t4s from AB & BC which address should I use?

1 Reply

My daughter started highschool in BC in Sep but will be moving back to our house in AB at the end of the school year. She has t4s from AB & BC which address should I use?

The address you enter in your return is your mailing address; in other words, where you'd want to receive correspondence from the CRA if they were to send you something. It has no real bearing on how your return is calculated. You'll want to enter where you (or this case, your daughter) "permanently" lives.

The things that have an impact on the calculation of your return are your province of residence on the last day of the tax year and the province on your t-slips.

If your daughter's permanent legal address is still technically your home in AB, you should enter her province of residence as AB.

Her T-slips should be entered just as they read, i.e. enter the AB one as AB and the BC one as BC.