Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
editor

Do all family members have to be at the same address?

Family names are the same, but would like to install the CD on two separate computers.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The software is able to be installed twice.  The idea likely being that in the event of a loss of the hard drive, you will still be able to reinstall and activate the software.  This is part of the terms and conditions you agreed to:

You acknowledge and agree that the Software is licensed, not sold. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Software in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:

• Provide access to or give the Software or any part of the Software to any third party;
  • Reproduce, duplicate, modify, copy, deconstruct, reverse-engineer, sell, trade or resell the Software;
  • Transfer your license to the Software to any other party;
  • Attempt unauthorized access to any other Intuit systems that are not part of the Software;
  • Permit any third party to benefit from the use or functionality of the Software via a rental, lease, timesharing, service bureau, hosting service, or other arrangement; or
  • Make the Software available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.

You could, however, do your daughter's taxes on your computer, or she could do her own online for a minimal fee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
veitchw

Family names are not the same, addresses are not the same, but it is my daughter. I have a downloaded copy with product number. Can I download a second copy on her computer?
editor

This does not answer my question. Using a CD version, can we do the return for other family members with different addresses. I expected that you answer my question directly, not just sending me a clip from the  policy. Maybe if I ask twice will help getting an answer.  Can any of the 12 returns be done for a family member ( Same family name ) with a different address without any additional fees? Regards. Oliver

The software is able to be installed twice.  The idea likely being that in the event of a loss of the hard drive, you will still be able to reinstall and activate the software.  This is part of the terms and conditions you agreed to:

You acknowledge and agree that the Software is licensed, not sold. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Software in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:

• Provide access to or give the Software or any part of the Software to any third party;
  • Reproduce, duplicate, modify, copy, deconstruct, reverse-engineer, sell, trade or resell the Software;
  • Transfer your license to the Software to any other party;
  • Attempt unauthorized access to any other Intuit systems that are not part of the Software;
  • Permit any third party to benefit from the use or functionality of the Software via a rental, lease, timesharing, service bureau, hosting service, or other arrangement; or
  • Make the Software available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.

You could, however, do your daughter's taxes on your computer, or she could do her own online for a minimal fee.

Your question would seem to relate, as did the second question, to installing on two different machines.  It helps considerably if we are able to determine exactly what the question is about.

The software does not differentiate between family members names or addresses.  You can do tax returns for other family members, different last names, different addresses, but you can't transfer the software.