Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smayer97

Which version do I really need? Confused!

I have always used TT Standard CD/download version to complete my tax returns for many years. I am married, have dependent children, have rental income property and simple small businesses. I Occasionally buy/sell stocks and will have growing currency trading activities. I NEVER use the interview process. I still use an accountant but use the software to organize and make sure I have all my records, and to make sure I have classified all my deductions correctly.

I have read some say that all the forms are still present in the Standard version. Is this still true (as it was in previous years)? Based on the website info on the differences in the product versions I cannot tell, and it reads as if that is NOT the case.

Do I need the Premier or even Home & Business version just to get all the forms I need, e.g. T776E, T2125, or can I still use Standard?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The download and disc version has not changed.  I have it installed, and T776 is available, as is T2125, and schedules 3 and 4 for investment and cap gains/losses.  It is only the online version, so far, that has changed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The download and disc version has not changed.  I have it installed, and T776 is available, as is T2125, and schedules 3 and 4 for investment and cap gains/losses.  It is only the online version, so far, that has changed.

smayer97

Then the description online for the CD/download version needs to be changed because it says otherwise. And with the online version changing, and with all the hoopla in the US over the poorly announced changes, I'm sure it has/will confuse a lot of people.
Shir

I have a similar question. I will be completing 2 returns, one for me and one for my spouse. I have investment income and I earned self employed income on 1 occasion only this past year for an insignificant amount. I prefer to download the product rather than using it online. Do I really need to purchase the Home & Business edition or can I get by with the Premier edition?

Yes, you certainly could use the premier edition.