Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been told by turbotax help that I need to check for updates, and it will update the form I need. I have the online version, & what I've been told doesn't work.

"I can't file my return because i need an update of one of the forms and to go to 'Help' and click on the check for updates button." is one of the options on the contact us link, but where do I update forms for the online version?  This takes me to information for a download for the CD version.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I've been told by turbotax help that I need to check for updates, and it will update the form I need. I have the online version, & what I've been told doesn't work.

There is no forms version for the on-line version, so you do not need to update anything.
By definition, the latest CRA-certified version of Turbotax on-line will be used. That is one huge advantage to on-line software services.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

There is no forms version for the on-line version, so you do not need to update anything.
By definition, the latest CRA-certified version of Turbotax on-line will be used. That is one huge advantage to on-line software services.

I was just told by the online support to do this for the online version I am using:  "If you are on a Windows computer, you can check for software updates by selecting "Help" in the top menu, "Check for updates". This should resolve the issue and implement the update that was released".

I need a form updated for the working income tax benefit which isn't approved/cleared/etc.

I was just told this:  

At the very top menu bar along with File, Edit, view, should be Help at the end of the menu.

None of which are located on the version I am looking at online.

You can't do this for the on-line version, there are no forms for you to update! There is no software running on your PC or Mac in on-line, other than your OS and browser.
If Turbotax tax needs to fix an issue with this aspect of on-line, you will need to wait until the new version is mounted on their servers. There's no other approach with on-line.

Then why are the telling me to update forms? I am so confused and frustrated by this today!

Thanks.. You have been more helpful then the support person I've been communicating with.

They think you are using a native Windows version of TT software that you got either on a CD or by download from TT. (Turbotax on-line is neither of these).
Looks like pressure and new hires as tax season ramps up!

I got that now!  I just explained this to their online support staff and vented a bit on facebook.  I've been online all day on and off with this!    Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.  
Thanks.