Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wol

Turbo Tax Expert Help is Horrible. How do I get a refund or prevent paying for this brutally bad service?

Turbo Tax Expert Help is Horrible. How do I get a refund or prevent paying for this brutally bad service?

I received two conflicting answers in my one and only conversation, and I realize that these are not experts at all for self employed. Horrible experience.

So how do I prevent having to pay? I would adise anyone reading this to avoid the live assist and expert help, you will be ruined.

7 Replies

i spent 3 hours trying to find a contact email as i am on a mobile device disabled and waited 3 weeks for the service to be completed i paid 145 for live service which really isnt live at all just brief responses after a week or 2. now i get errors all over the place in the app trying to access my forms i called last week they told me theyd call back never did. the taxes were done they told me to sign in the chat. i couldnt because of another bug page showing a sad face and that id be contacted, never was. sent a message saying i cant access it they tell me to download it i cant because it doesnt let me all i can do is look at it. i ask them to email me they said they will eventually, i try to find a support email there is none as i wanted a partial credit for the service, the canadian app sends me to a usa number which i found out after speaking to the guy for an hour who said i wasnt in the system. so i call the 1800 number he emailed me and repeat the same story all for a discount/partial refund on 145$ . and for the trouble this has caused. then she tells me i have to fill out a refund form and wait 72 hours. i the form is for a full refund on the service and to cancel my service which is not at all what i am asking for i had less than 2 weeks to get my taxes filed by you guys and all i want to do is sign the **bleep** form...like why did i have to pay 145$ for this poor of service its like pulling teeth and i need this done properly at this point i have wasted more hours than a partial refund is even worth. just send me the file to my email so i can use my tablet to sign it and be done with this. jesus christ....also how does a company in 2021 not have  support email. 

ibrown61
Returning Member

I had the same issues. The 'tax expert' never called me, then I called back and was left on hold for 45 minutes - and then my call was dropped. Then I tried to call back several times - very frustrating and so we just filed our taxes without the 'expert' assistance that we never received. Don't waste your money on this service - it is awful. So now I am on hold with Mastercard to see if I can pull this payment ($179 of my hard earned money) from my card. This entire situation is just more frustration on top of the issues with CRA and not being able to access our accounts. Oh, Canada - crazy!

wol

Good work.

MarionJoy

hi - my very nice consultant promised to call me back within 2 hours of our early morning conversation.  It is now 6 hours later, and I need to go out, but don't like to miss her call.  What shall I do?

@MarionJoy Were you able to get in contact with your tax expert?

vincent13

I was given bad tax advice from an "expert" here and now I have a penalty of $2500

Please submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.