Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan-zaf

What does it mean that Premier includes 12 returns? Can I use the same one for my wife and sister?

I want to better understand why TT Premier is advertised to include 12 returns. Last year I paid a separate fee when filing for my wife.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What does it mean that Premier includes 12 returns? Can I use the same one for my wife and sister?

From your signature line, you are using, or have used the online version of TurboTax.  When using the online version, you pay for each return you netfile or print.

There is also a download version which is installed on a Windows based machine.  With the installed version, you pay once, but you can do up to 12 returns for income over $25,000 and another 8 returns for low income earners.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

why does the online version not include multiple returns?

From your signature line, you are using, or have used the online version of TurboTax.  When using the online version, you pay for each return you netfile or print.

There is also a download version which is installed on a Windows based machine.  With the installed version, you pay once, but you can do up to 12 returns for income over $25,000 and another 8 returns for low income earners.