Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When adding and amount for utilities, for employment expense, Work-Space-In-The-Home page. It does not seem to be applying to my expense (could be $0). Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When adding and amount for utilities, for employment expense, Work-Space-In-The-Home page. It does not seem to be applying to my expense (could be $0). Why?

ok this is very confusing if you select YES for 

Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?

On the T4 data page, the home office expenses under the normal T2200 process do not apply to your deduction.

I would say make sure this is NO (at least that seems to make work for my case.

I am not sure under what circumstances that would be YES. Probably if you are using the new method for home office expenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

ok this is very confusing if you select YES for 

Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?

On the T4 data page, the home office expenses under the normal T2200 process do not apply to your deduction.

I would say make sure this is NO (at least that seems to make work for my case.

I am not sure under what circumstances that would be YES. Probably if you are using the new method for home office expenses.

Even I am facing the same issue, Turbo tax Team please look into it.