Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jga
Returning Member

Where do I enter online storage for office admin like cloud backup storage & Software as a Service?

I can't find anywhere where the right place is to enter the expenses for things like online electronic hosted file storage. This is paid for on a monthly basis (e.g. Apple iCloud subscriptions, Google Drive storage for files, etc.). It isn't really a 'physical' product so I wouldn't call it equipment (is it?). It's also not really advertising, the way Web hosting and domain registration would be. 

Or software as a Service Subscriptions - where would that go? Such as, if you use Adobe Creative Cloud (for freelance photographers and designers), SalesForce or Monday.com or a paid version of Trello or BaseCamp as an online versions of software tools? These are paid for on a monthly basis, they are not software that you buy once to use on your computer, like in the old days. Once you stop paying, you lose your data and the usefulness of the entire product with it.

Where does this all go? Where would it be categorized or entered in the TurboTax software? 

Using Turbo Tax Online version. This is for being Self Employed as a freelancer.

1 Reply

Where do I enter online storage for office admin like cloud backup storage & Software as a Service?

You can enter these expenses under Office Supplies (Line 8811).