Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is cost of good sold/total purchase during the year on the free version of turbotax? I'm wondering if I can enter this manually somewhere and it seems to be missing

1 Reply

Where is cost of good sold/total purchase during the year on the free version of turbotax? I'm wondering if I can enter this manually somewhere and it seems to be missing

Following the instructions below, you can enter the COGS/Total Purchase during the year in the Turbotax online version:

To get started, Log in to your TurboTax account, click on the Find icon on the top right => Enter "Business or Professional Activities", Click and Go => Click on "Enter New Business" => The following page will appear (Image 1), then you click on the Income and Inventory => Fill in all the required information, and press Continue until you reach to the page "Did you sell products that you bought or manufactured" (Image 2), where you can enter COGS/ Total purchases during the year.

Finally, you will see the "Self-employment or business summary", which includes the COGS amount determined by TurboTax based on the data you entered (Image 3).

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.