Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can claim vehicle expenses? I'm a coach so if I have to drive to different facilities and areas to coach can I claim the expenses?

1 Reply

Who can claim vehicle expenses? I'm a coach so if I have to drive to different facilities and areas to coach can I claim the expenses?

Salaried, Commissioned, and Transport employees such as long haul trucker can claim their motor vehicle expenses that are specified in their contract. Each of these types of employment has specified conditions to allow the claim.

You can claim motor vehicle expenses if you had to work away from your employer’s workplace or work at multiple places under your contract. Keep in mind that the travel from your home to the main employer’s workplace is considered a personal expense and cannot be claimed as an employment expense.

Therefore as a salaried employee, you may be allowed to claim automobile expenses as you are required to work in another location other than your employer's business or premisses. 

For more information, please see:

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us