Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 15, 2024 12:42:16 PM

Why am I being told I must upgrade to the $140 package because I am adding medical expenses? I have done this for many years with the basic package.

0 4 357
4 Replies
Feb 15, 2024 12:55:08 PM

Do you have anything else on your return, like self-employment? Or did you add the Assist & Review upgrade?

Feb 15, 2024 3:15:39 PM

I don't think I added (picked) the assist and review option. How do i convert my return back to the "file your own taxes" method of filing, without the assist and review which I do not require.

Thanks

Feb 15, 2024 3:24:40 PM

You can tell which version of TurboTax Online you are in by looking at the white bar with the TurboTax logo on the top left. 

Unfortunately, if you are in Assist & Review, then you would need to create a new return to remove it. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Feb 15, 2024 3:37:39 PM

Luckily I was only an hour into the return. 

Thanks for this information, I have deleted the "assist and review" version and it seems to be fine now.