Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou8

Can I prepare a return for a friend's daughter and netfile - or will she have to purchase the standard version? I use Home & Business for my own use. Thank you?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I prepare a return for a friend's daughter and netfile - or will she have to purchase the standard version? I use Home & Business for my own use. Thank you?

Yes, you can prepare up-to 20 returns in your TurboTax online account and you can select any of the products (Standard, Home & Business etc.) for specific returns within the same account. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes, you can prepare up-to 20 returns in your TurboTax online account and you can select any of the products (Standard, Home & Business etc.) for specific returns within the same account. 

Lou8

Oh great.  Thank you.  I thought so, but when I clicked on Start a New Return, it took me to a new page where it had each version and the pricing for each.  I have to do her 2016 and 2017.  Do I just choose the standard and will I get charged?

Yes, you can start a new return and select Standard, charges are on a per-return basis. Note that you will have to file her 2016 return first before filing the 2017 return, that can be done by signing into the 2016 product in https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/index.jsp
Lou8

Thank you.  I understand now ...... I thought multiple returns were included in one cost.  ha ha