Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssberg5

Where do I make deductions for subcontracted work that I paid for? Which tab is it in? How Do I get to the inventory section? I cannot go back to this section..no option

2 Replies

Where do I make deductions for subcontracted work that I paid for? Which tab is it in? How Do I get to the inventory section? I cannot go back to this section..no option

You can deduct your subcontractor work within the inventory section. If you aren't seeing an option for inventory in the income section, you may have selected the option for professional business which does not contain subcontractor fees or inventory. If this is the case, delete the current business form and select a new business. Choose "other" as the type of business. 

In my case Other isn't one of the options. I am unable to input subcontractor cost.

My options when choosing category are:

professions, services, sales, wholesales, construction, manufacturing and natural resource.

For graphic design services - 541430, where can I allocate subcontractor cost?

Thanks