Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I claim book expenses on the T2202 A form.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't.  The numerical value in column A and/or B generates a textbook credit, it is not based on actual textbook expenses.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

You don't.  The numerical value in column A and/or B generates a textbook credit, it is not based on actual textbook expenses.

So I just put in tution amount in box A & textbook credit is generated from this amount?

The textbook amount is calculated by multiplying full time months by $65, and part time months by $20.  So the numbers in column A and/or B are multiplied accordingly, and that is the textbook credit.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/323/txtbk-eng.html

Will I still put tution amount in box A & box C put full time amounts 4 as Sept to Dec is 4 full-time months.  Is this correct what I am doing?  Also where will i claim my gas expenses to & from school?

You can't claim gas.  And yes, you enter the amounts from column A.  You get credit for the tuition amount, the education amount and the textbook amount.  The education and textbook amounts are calculated from the part time and/or full time months.

Thank you & one more question.  I paid for courses that are not included in my tution.  Where do I claim for this?

If you have other receipts, enter them separately, you just won't include any numbers for column A and B.

So I enter amounts separately on the T2202 A form. Am I correct on this?  If so where on this form do I enter amounts?

You will add new tuition slip entries.  You enter the dollar amounts in the same manner as your first slip.