Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bring up schedule 5 to add the income of the dependent I am claiming? I can't bring it up on my screen when I type it in the search bar?

3 Replies

How do I bring up schedule 5 to add the income of the dependent I am claiming? I can't bring it up on my screen when I type it in the search bar?

You cannot enter your dependant's net income directly on the Schedule 5 using TurboTax Online. You'll need to go to Deductions and enter it under Additional Dependant Information.

helen-sagsoz
Returning Member

I have followed all the instructions, but I still can't get the dependant's net income to show up on Schedule 5 and therefore the caregiver amount is not showing up on my return

Are you claiming an eligible dependant?

The Canada Revenue Agency's (CRASchedule 5 is used when taxpayers want to claim an amount for an eligible dependent, the amount for an infirm dependent age 18 or older, a caregiver amount, or an amount for a spouse or common-law partner.Jan 3, 2019

Please view CRA's page- > https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...