You are eligible to receive the Canada Training Credit (CTC) if you are a Canadian resident, individuals between the age of 26 to 65 years old, and have a total working income of $10,100 or more. You can access the link below which will direct you to the CRA website.
CRA website Canada Training Credit (CTC)
To view your eligibility, You will be advised through your Notice of Assessment each year of what your limit will be. It will also be available through your My CRA Account portal. For 2020, your limit will be on your 2019 NOA.
These refundable Canada Training Credit, as per CRA, in 2020 and later years, you can claim if you satisfy all of the following conditions:
- You are between the ages of 25 and 64.
- you file an income tax and benefit return for the year
- your CTC limit for the year is greater than zero
- you were resident in Canada throughout the year
- tuition or other fees were paid either to an eligible educational institution for courses you took in the year for which you are claiming the credit, or to certain bodies for an occupational, trade, or professional examination
- the tuition and fees are otherwise eligible for the existing tuition tax credit
Please note: Individuals under the age of 26 or over the age of 65 at the end of a calendar year cannot claim the CTC.
To learn more about this, (As per CRA) click here.
Also, read our TurboTax blog on Canada Training Credit
Thank you for considering TurboTax.