Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I claim education costs such as purchasing a laptop, and university charges such as media fees,technology fees etc and if so where do I input info ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim education costs such as purchasing a laptop, and university charges such as media fees,technology fees etc and if so where do I input info ?

Generally, you cannot claim direct credit for specific items you mention.
If you are a full-time or part-time student you should either have received, or have on-line access to, a T2202A Tuition slip or equivalent from your school.
This slip shows eligible Tuition fees and Education months that you can claim for Tuition credit.
The credit is intended to provide relief for costs such as you mention, plus textbooks and other expenses associated with study.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Generally, you cannot claim direct credit for specific items you mention.
If you are a full-time or part-time student you should either have received, or have on-line access to, a T2202A Tuition slip or equivalent from your school.
This slip shows eligible Tuition fees and Education months that you can claim for Tuition credit.
The credit is intended to provide relief for costs such as you mention, plus textbooks and other expenses associated with study.