Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miskipper

Can i plit pension, can't find form T1032 in turbotax

can I split pension with my spouse
3 Replies

If you are using the Online version of our software, the Forms View option is not available as it is in the CD/Download version. When preparing a coupled return together with your spouse or partner, access to your T1032 form isn't required. TurboTax will automatically take figures from this form to populate splitting income.

Please follow the Steps to Split pension in TurboTax Online

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon)

2. Enter pension into the search bar, select Pension split with your spouse from the list of results, and then select Go

3. Select whose pension you'd like to split (make sure you've entered income information for both you and your spouse). If you’re a Québec resident, a similar screen will appear next to where you’ll be asked to enter the Québec amount to split with your spouse.

4. Fill out all required information (if filing separately, you'll need your T1032 form), then select Continue

Steps to Split pension in TurboTax CD/Download

2. Enter pension into the search bar, select Split your pension with your spouse from the list of results, and then select Go

3. Fill out all required information (if filing separately, you'll need your T1032 form), then select Continue

4. Fill out all applicable amounts, then select Continue

For detailed information, please review: How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank You for choosing TurboTax.

Unfortunately, the forms cannot be seen in the Online software. When preparing a coupled return together with your spouse or partner, access to your T1032 form isn't required. TurboTax will automatically take figures from this form to populate splitting income by asking questions in an interview.

If you are using TurboTax Online, please follow the steps below.  

2. Enter pension into the search bar, select Pension split with your spouse from the list of results, and then select Go

3. Select whose pension you'd like to split (make sure you've entered income information for both you and your spouse). If you’re a Québec resident, a similar screen will appear next to where you’ll be asked to enter the Québec amount to split with your spouse.

4. Fill out all required information, then select Continue.

For more information, please review the link below from TurboTax Canada. 

How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

If you are using our Online software, you will not see the form as the Forms View option is only available in our CD/Download software.

Note: When preparing a coupled return together with your spouse or partner, access to your T1032 form isn't required. TurboTax will automatically take figures from this form to populate splitting income.

To splitting pension in TurboTax online:

• Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon)
  • Enter pension into the search bar, select Pension split with your spouse from the list of results, and then select Go

Select whose pension you'd like to split (make sure you've entered income information for both you and your spouse). If you’re a Québec resident, a similar screen will appear next where you’ll be asked to enter the Québec amount to split with spouse

• Fill out all required information, then select Continue

For more information, please see our FAQ in TurboTax as How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

Thank you for using TurboTax