Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For CPP contributions, do I add both mine and my employer's contributions or just mine?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For CPP contributions, do I add both mine and my employer's contributions or just mine?

You only input the CPP amounts from your T4, which are your own contributions.  Your employer will be deducting his contributions.  What are you doing your input from?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You only input the CPP amounts from your T4, which are your own contributions.  Your employer will be deducting his contributions.  What are you doing your input from?

Sally71

@sal.aguila Your employer CPP contributions is part of payroll job and your employer is required to do the remittance to CRA.  Only your total contribution deducted from your pay cheque go on the T4 slip.  As Delphision said, make sure you use your T4 slip as it is to do your tax return.  Don't try to change it, as it is in your best interest.

Thank you Del, I think I got confused between the Summary of Renumeration Paid T4(which has lines 16 and 27 showing Employee and Employer contributions) and the actual Statement of Renumeration Paid T4 ( which only shows my (employee) CPP contributions, line 16).