Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabt
Level 2

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Well there was an update today, but I still am getting the error.  I don't want to file with the error in place and then have CRA not like something I have done.  I will hope that the message I read about an update coming the week of March 9 means I will have a fix by the end of this week.  

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

I have had this error since Feb 28 (1st date that I called Turbo Tax about it) and I have called twice more and been assured that a fix would be ready for download the week of Mar 9/20.

Today's update did not fix the problem so I will assume that the "week of" Mar 9 does not end on Friday Mar 13 as they stated.  I am not sure what annoys me more.... the problem in the first place or ongoing inability to provide support.  Support has only been misinformation and false promises. Just extremely poor customer service.  This is TAX SEASON.  Turbo Tax should be working around the clock to ensure their software functions accurately.  I am waiting.... and not sure what the next step is?  

I have also contacted TurboTax support about this CPP contributions entered incorrect issue.

I was told that a software update would be done by Saturday Mar. 14 and to open the program to update it then.

Have tried today, and it is still a problem !

This is the first year that the program has failed for me, after using it for about 7-8 years!

Really surprised it has taken this long to fix............first report was OCT ?

fern3185
Returning Member

This happened to me yesterday also, what do we do now?

I tried calling Turbo Tax again today (by requesting telephone contact with incident ID number) to be greeted with a message that the telephone system was experiencing problems and try again later!  Icing on the cake of frustration.  Waiting for some intelligent support and resolve. In answer to your question. I don’t know “what next” but do know I am disappointed in a turbo Tax customer service. They can access this community forum to see what their loyal customers are saying.... so why not have the courtesy to respond. It is like being in an overcrowded waiting room with no-one giving updates.  Get on it Turbo Tax... your clients are fed up! 

Hi LyndaLee:

My latest update regarding this error/ problem.

I checked for any updates from TurboTax as of Mar16/20 and nothing.

(I had been told by support that they were aware of issue with the software and update would be done Sat. Mar14.)

I called support Mar. 16 evening and they had offered a link to a refund form page if i was interested to go that route! I said i would wait a few days before deciding. In the meantime, i thought i would try a few things:

1) Importing my T4 directly from CRA instead of manually inputting details.

2) Ignore the error prompt and Netfile anyway.

Tried #1 and it did not resolve problem.

Tried #2 and Netfiled my return successfully. I did this on the recommendation of CRA support staff who said more than likely return would be processed without problem. If i needed to change anything later i could go into my CRA My Services account and make a change.

So at this point i have Netfiled today and will wait 8 days to see what happens. I will come back to post any results, positive or other. Good luck with your situation !

Just got off the phone with them, not quite sure why calls are being directed to people who know nothing. She tried telling me that it should show up in warnings, not review. Like seriously, I'm looking at my screen. At the price of the product I would expect a faster fix, over 3 weeks is not acceptable.

Hi, I received the error message as well and also had success when I Net-filed, regardless of the warning.

When I received the warning, I clicked on FIX and it should have opened the form (T4) for me to correct whatever info that it saw as incorrect. However the T4 DID NOT open up for me to correct anything. I just thought it was strange that the program didn't respond, how the instructions say to correct something(glitch)!!

I saw this in the HELP file top right corner of program window above the warning :

"If your return has errors, you will not be able to submit it using NETFILE. Although you can print and mail a return that contains errors, the errors will delay the processing of your return, and could cause the CRA to audit you. You should fix all errors before you file your return."

To fix errors:

1. Click Fix.

The screen or form associated with the error opens.

2. Make the necessary changes and click Continue.
  3. If you had more than one error, repeat steps 1 and 2 until all errors have been fixed.

Note: Once you are on the screen associated with the error, you can click Help for details about what information is required. If you click Help before you get to the screen, the help topic will be too generic to help you fix your error.

What can we do to improve this help topic?

I will post any solid info I get about this issue and how to resolve it !

Duddy007

CPP turbotax error cannot netfile imported from CRA.

March 26, 2020 UPDATE :

Re: Getting an error that CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly.......

I have checked TurboTax software for updates, NONE have been issued as of this writing.

I ignored the warning that i received and Net-filed return successfully on March 17.

I have received my refund as per my return amount and happy that it came direct deposit so quick!

It took 7 business days, which is record time for me.

So, dont give up folks, there is light at the end of the tunnel !

Good luck to everyone with their returns and as before if i can help or contribute any more info i shall..