Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find out which fields that I need to enter for a T4RSP Income due to Spouse's death. How do I indicate that this RSP is a Roll Over and should not be taxed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Need to find out which fields that I need to enter for a T4RSP Income due to Spouse's death. How do I indicate that this RSP is a Roll Over and should not be taxed?

Since you are using the online version, you will need to click on the RRSP tab and scroll down to designated transfers.  You will be able to input the total amount there after you have entered the T4RSP slip in the Tslip section.  The T4RSP should have a designation on it such as Sec 60L showing that it is a rollover.

I don't expect that CRA representatives are going to have the foggiest idea how to enter data into TurboTax.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Since you are using the online version, you will need to click on the RRSP tab and scroll down to designated transfers.  You will be able to input the total amount there after you have entered the T4RSP slip in the Tslip section.  The T4RSP should have a designation on it such as Sec 60L showing that it is a rollover.

I don't expect that CRA representatives are going to have the foggiest idea how to enter data into TurboTax.

Good afternoon

I am very sorry for your loss. here is a link that may be useful

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189877-prepare-a-return-for-a-deceased-person

for more indepth information such as how to enter your T4RSP

Contact CRA Phone: 1-800-959-8281

TurboTaxLee