Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rusuc_is

Hi. I work in Ontario but I live in Quebec. I have received a document with taxable health and dental benefit amounts for quebec residents. Where do I put that amount ?

1 Reply
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Hi. I work in Ontario but I live in Quebec. I have received a document with taxable health and dental benefit amounts for quebec residents. Where do I put that amount ?

When you enter your T4 TurboTax will automatically transfer some information on your Relevé 1 if you entered Québec as your residence.  You will access your RL1 from the bottom of your T4 page and enter your employee-paid premiums for private health services plans in Box 235.  If your employer also paid a part of your premium you will enter the amount he paid in Box J (which could be the same amount but this amount is deductible only in Québec). 

Please note that you will not see these amounts in your medical expense receipts but they will be included in your total medical expenses used to calculate the credit.  Line 330 of Schedule 1 (CRA) & line 36 of Schedule B (Québec).