EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I add a Nova Scotia graduate retention rebate? I was able to do it last year - I do not seem to have the option on this year's version.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I add a Nova Scotia graduate retention rebate? I was able to do it last year - I do not seem to have the option on this year's version.

For Tax Year 2013 (Last year's tax return)
-----------------------------------------------
1. Open up TurboTax 2013
2. Open your Nova Scotia based return
3. At the top of the screen there are various tabs - Intro, Profile....
   - Select "Province"
4. Press continue until you hit the page with the title: "Nova Scotia Tax Credits"
5. The third option is "Graduate retention rebate" ( Check this! )
6. Press continue until you land on the page with the title: "Graduate Retention Rebate"

View solution in original post

9 Replies

For Tax Year 2013 (Last year's tax return)
-----------------------------------------------
1. Open up TurboTax 2013
2. Open your Nova Scotia based return
3. At the top of the screen there are various tabs - Intro, Profile....
   - Select "Province"
4. Press continue until you hit the page with the title: "Nova Scotia Tax Credits"
5. The third option is "Graduate retention rebate" ( Check this! )
6. Press continue until you land on the page with the title: "Graduate Retention Rebate"

View solution in original post

According to the Nova Scotia's website, this tax deduction has be eliminated effective Jan 1st, 2014:

Please take a look at the website below for more details:

http://www.novascotia.ca/finance/en/home/taxation/tax101/personalincometax/grr.aspx

I thought this was the last year it was able to be claimed as it was listed on my notice of assessment. Guess not! Thank you

You can thank Stephen McNeil for axing that nice rebate reward...

oh nevermind!!  haha.

according to this link it says it can still be claimed for the 2013 tax year. How do I claim it?

Thank you!

it states on the NS website that it can be claimed for 2013

Where do I claim it? I can't find it when i'm going through the questions. Is there a hidden box I need to check somewhere?