Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter income? i just have pensions ,but i don"t seem to be able to enter the numbers.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
john-p

How do I enter income? i just have pensions ,but i don"t seem to be able to enter the numbers.

You should see a button near the top that says "Forms" ... when you click that, a list of forms comes up - the income forms usually show up first.

For example, your receipt for Old Age Security would be "T4-OAS".

Find the form in that list that has the exact same name as the form you have, click it - it will open, and allow you to enter the data that exactly matches the boxes on your pension income forms.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you be specific about what types of pension income you are reporting? What T-slips have you received?
vania

CPP, OAS, Military and Civil Superanuation from MB

These should be entered from T4A(P) ,  T4A(OAS) and T4A forms respectively.
john-p

You should see a button near the top that says "Forms" ... when you click that, a list of forms comes up - the income forms usually show up first.

For example, your receipt for Old Age Security would be "T4-OAS".

Find the form in that list that has the exact same name as the form you have, click it - it will open, and allow you to enter the data that exactly matches the boxes on your pension income forms.

Good luck!

This question is from an on-line user that does not have access to Forms method of preparation.