Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove amount from rrsp income? None entered, no t4rsp at all. I think this is a mistake.

There was no T4RRSP; none at all and when looking at RRSP summary no rrsp income was entered yet it’s showing an RRSP income in overall summary. Basic tax return and just with RRSP contribution, no income. Can’t delete the amount showing of RRSP income, can this be done? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I remove amount from rrsp income? None entered, no t4rsp at all. I think this is a mistake.

You should be able to go to that page and remove the amounts that have been imported. Use the "Find" button, type in Home Buyers Plan, check the box beside "Designate an amount as a Home Buyers' Plan repayment" and on the screen that appears remove the entries that have been imported there. 

The annual minimum repayment is what is appearing as "RRSP" income, so if CRA has confirmed this does not exist you should have no issues with removing and then NetFiling.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Have you imported your tax information using the CRA AutoFill service? And have you ever participated in the Home Buyer's Plan (HBP) or LifeLong Learning Plan (LLP) using funds from your RRSP to purchase a home or go to school?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we have now located the amount showing as a HBP repayment amount. However, CRA records and CRA on the phone both confirmed there is no HBP repayment amount due for 2018; it was fully paid in 2017 return. Can this be self corrected, or must we start over to see if this issue persists?

You should be able to go to that page and remove the amounts that have been imported. Use the "Find" button, type in Home Buyers Plan, check the box beside "Designate an amount as a Home Buyers' Plan repayment" and on the screen that appears remove the entries that have been imported there. 

The annual minimum repayment is what is appearing as "RRSP" income, so if CRA has confirmed this does not exist you should have no issues with removing and then NetFiling.

I had the same problem, too.  

In my return, the entry on line 12900 of the T1 General form and I found it on the Home Buyers' Plan Worksheet.  

When clicking on the cell entry for line 12900 (which I didn't enter myself) - I was taken to the T4RSP data entry sheet which was blank. 

So, I was glad to see your email explaining where the the entry on line 12900 originated.  It was not user friendly to find in TurboTax.  Perhaps TurboTax could be modified to help users find where the data on line 12900 originated (if not on the T4RSP worksheet).

Thank you for your feedback much appreciated!