Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljr2200

How do i submit a spousal rrsp contribution - we are filing together. my slips show name of contributor and annuitant.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i submit a spousal rrsp contribution - we are filing together. my slips show name of contributor and annuitant.

The spouse who "Contributed" to the RRSP claims the deduction on their tax return. Your RRSP Contribution Slip should be marked with the Contributor and the Annuitant.

Spousal RRSPs are treated the same as a regular RRSP contribution when purchased, with the purchaser's RRSP limit defining how much can be purchased and the purchaser also claiming the deduction on their tax return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The spouse who "Contributed" to the RRSP claims the deduction on their tax return. Your RRSP Contribution Slip should be marked with the Contributor and the Annuitant.

Spousal RRSPs are treated the same as a regular RRSP contribution when purchased, with the purchaser's RRSP limit defining how much can be purchased and the purchaser also claiming the deduction on their tax return.