Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santefe8

How to enter hubbies income also for Canda Pension Disability

I have submitted my return but my husband and I file together he has a Canada pension income for his disability how do I enter this all they asked for was his income from last year on line 236. I need to enter his amount which he has on his T4A and his deduction how do I do this

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Each person in Canada files his or her own tax return.  There are no joint returns in Canada.  You do each have to put in the net income of the other spouse on your return, but each are filed separately.

You may need to properly file last year's return for your spouse.

You will need to go to tools (top menu bar)-return manager-new return and begin entering your husband's slips and information.  If he has a disability certificate filed with CRA, he will need to do his return each year before he can transfer the remainder to you as a deduction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Each person in Canada files his or her own tax return.  There are no joint returns in Canada.  You do each have to put in the net income of the other spouse on your return, but each are filed separately.

You may need to properly file last year's return for your spouse.

You will need to go to tools (top menu bar)-return manager-new return and begin entering your husband's slips and information.  If he has a disability certificate filed with CRA, he will need to do his return each year before he can transfer the remainder to you as a deduction.