Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jy1

MB Tuition Rebate - T1005, can't enter 2017

For my T1005, Turbotax doesn't let me enter 2017 as my graduation year, only 2016 and before. How do I fix this?

15 Replies

Let me know if these screen shots provide some assistance when completing the MB Retention Credit section. Only enter the year of graduation if you have never claimed the credit in a prior year.

I am having the same issue as well. Graduated in 2017 and cannot select this as the option. I also left the cumulative tuition rebate (from 2016 notice of assessment) field blank as I did not claim previously as well and both results are giving me an error message preventing me from sending via netfile.

Hi Chris, you did not mention the version of Turbo Tax that you are using. Either online at out website or installed in your computer. 

I have attached a couple of screen shots for a scenario similar to yours with tuition from prior years without a claim and new tuition earned in 2017.

Is this the outcome you have that has received the Netfile Error?

Hi Terry, this would be for current - Turbo Tax 2017, standard desktop version (PC).  It does not state the cumulative tuition fees on my 2016 notice. This would be the first time I filled out a T1005 form. Am I to leave the graduation year field blank?

Chris, if you leave the year blank (I note that 2017 is not available) and you complete only the 2nd tuition box, for new tuition, does the same Netfile error code occur?

Yes, I left the year blank, and entered the cumulative eligible tuition fees for new tuition claim in the second box, the result ends in "you must enter the year you graduated and the eligible tuition fees"

Thank you Chris, I will need to escalate this issue for tech support and will post a resolution as soon as it is available.
tbholding

We have the same issue too. it keep asking us to fix the problem, but won't allow to netfile until it is fixed, and yet, regardless what grad year year you entered or what amount, it still gives the same error msg.