Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can stocks that have unrealized capital losses with RBC Direct Investing under an RRSP account be used on my 2017 return as an expense?

Some stocks I purchased now have a value of $0.00 and that is why I think my account is showing an unrealized capital losses for those stocks.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can stocks that have unrealized capital losses with RBC Direct Investing under an RRSP account be used on my 2017 return as an expense?

If you have not realized the capital gain or loss then it can't be claimed as an expense. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am using TurboTax standard. Do I need to upgrade to premier in order to do this?

If you have not realized the capital gain or loss then it can't be claimed as an expense. 

You will be able to continue using the Standard product.