Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't seem to find lines 319 and 5852 to fill in for my return, it only ask for the "amount of interest paid" and I can't enter the number separately.

2 Replies
ahallam1

I can't seem to find lines 319 and 5852 to fill in for my return, it only ask for the "amount of interest paid" and I can't enter the number separately.

I have checked the tax summary of my return, and Turbotax has not entered anything on line 5852 of the Ontario portion of my tax return. I have a receipt here for the Ontario portion of my student loan interest, and would like to enter it into my return. The provincial tax section on TurboTax online does not include any information on how to enter this amount.

If you are trying to enter Student Loan Interest, go to:

• Deductions Tab > drop down and click directly on Students
  • check the box - Student loan interest paid in 2017 or not claimed in a previous year
  • continue to the page titled Student Loan Interest and make your entries.

TurboTax will claim your student loan interest on the correct lines of the tax return. (Line 319 - Federal Tax & Line 5852 - Provincial Tax)