Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff30

I had an RPP with my old employer and transferred the funds to an RRSP when I changed jobs. Do I include the RRSP tax receipt from the lump-sum transfer?

5 Replies

I had an RPP with my old employer and transferred the funds to an RRSP when I changed jobs. Do I include the RRSP tax receipt from the lump-sum transfer?

Yes, you will include the RRSP receipt. Is box 66 filled in on your T4? If so follow these directions:

Click the RRSP tab and RRSP profile

select "Made RRSP contributions during 2017 or the first 60 days of 2018" and "Transfers to RRSPs"

Click through, entering info....  On the "Transfers to RRSPs/PRPPs" page, enter the amount from the T4 box 66

Sorry I just noticed you are using the desktop version. There is no transfer to rrsp button. Instead, on the RRSP entry page enter the amount on box 66 of  your t4. 

jeff30

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately, I don't have box 66 filled on any of my T4s.  I do have box 22 filled though and the transfer was done by the financial institutions, if that changes anything.

It sounds like they did it without tax implications if it was a simple transfer from one institution to another.   Do you have a T4 A?
jeff30

I did not receive a T4A. It turns out I have a Simplified pension plan (Québec only), does that change the outcome?

Call Revenue QC. They have special rules.