- Enter the total contributions you made to your RRSP, PRPP, or SPP, and your spouse or common-law partner's RRSP or SPP for the year in which you made the unused RRSP, PRPP, or SPP contributions.
- Enter the part from the above amount that you deducted or will be deducting on your tax return for any year
- If you are including an amount in income for RRSP, RRIF, or SPP amounts that your spouse or common law partner withdrew, enter the amount you are reporting as income.
It sounds like you may be on the wrong screen.
If you used TurboTax last year and used carry forward or you used Auto-Fill My Return (AFR), your unused RRSP contributions should already be pulled into this year's tax return.
If you didn't use carry forward or AFR, you can follow these steps in TurboTax Online to add them:
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find.
- In the Find window, type Unused RRSP and select Go. If you downloaded from the CRA Auto-Fill My Return service or carried forward your return from a prior year, you may already have an amount for unused RRSP/PRPP contributions in your return.
- Confirm the amount; or, answer yes to the question Do you want to change this amount? and enter your amount.
However, from the cra it doesn’t seem that this form is for over contributing rrsp. It’s about withdrawing rrsp? https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/t746/t746-17e.pdf