Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imunizn

I have amounts on box 66 and 67 filled on my T4, I have filled them out under income. How do I claim a deduction on RRSP? please be specific for both blocks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have amounts on box 66 and 67 filled on my T4, I have filled them out under income. How do I claim a deduction on RRSP? please be specific for both blocks

You would use the RRSP slips that you got for these amounts and fill out a RRSP Contribution slip page for them. Check off the “Made RRSP contributions during 2017 or the first 60 days of 2018” box on the “Your RRSP Profile for 2017” and the interview will give you an option to enter the information. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648068

The amount on Box 66 (Eligible retiring allowances) will then automatically be populated on the “Transfers to RRSPs/PRPPs” page, once you have entered the info from the RRSP slip. You need to check off the “Transfers to RRSPs” box on the “Your RRSP Profile for 2017” to see it. This transfer doesn't count towards you RRSP/PRPP deduction limit.

The amount on Box 67 (Non-Eligible retiring allowances) does count towards you RRSP/PRPP deduction limit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would use the RRSP slips that you got for these amounts and fill out a RRSP Contribution slip page for them. Check off the “Made RRSP contributions during 2017 or the first 60 days of 2018” box on the “Your RRSP Profile for 2017” and the interview will give you an option to enter the information. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648068

The amount on Box 66 (Eligible retiring allowances) will then automatically be populated on the “Transfers to RRSPs/PRPPs” page, once you have entered the info from the RRSP slip. You need to check off the “Transfers to RRSPs” box on the “Your RRSP Profile for 2017” to see it. This transfer doesn't count towards you RRSP/PRPP deduction limit.

The amount on Box 67 (Non-Eligible retiring allowances) does count towards you RRSP/PRPP deduction limit.