Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevshy72

I made contributions to my RRSP's off my paycheck and my company matched them until I got laid off. If I took a payout of contributions, do I claim this as income?

Do I need to enter anything extra in my income box(es) when I chose to accept the payout from Great West Life upon termination from my employment?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

I made contributions to my RRSP's off my paycheck and my company matched them until I got laid off. If I took a payout of contributions, do I claim this as income?

Yes.  The amounts withdrawn from your RRSP are included in your income and are taxed.  You should receive a T4RSP slip for this showing the amount withdrawn and the amount of tax withheld

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fuzzy

Yes.  The amounts withdrawn from your RRSP are included in your income and are taxed.  You should receive a T4RSP slip for this showing the amount withdrawn and the amount of tax withheld