Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjstele

I made spousal contributions to an RSP for my wife. Do I list these as RSPs in her tax profile or mine? Or neither?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

I made spousal contributions to an RSP for my wife. Do I list these as RSPs in her tax profile or mine? Or neither?

You will list these in your tax profile only.  As you are the one making the contribution to the plan, you are the only one entitled to the deduction.  This contribution will not be noted anywhere on your spouse's return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fuzzy

You will list these in your tax profile only.  As you are the one making the contribution to the plan, you are the only one entitled to the deduction.  This contribution will not be noted anywhere on your spouse's return.

prodger2

Yes, and when you enter the amount, you will be given the option of "Spousal RRSP Contribution". It goes there.