Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 6:28:13 AM

"I've just received an email from intuit.com that seems to be peddling an add-on called Absolute. How do I unsubscribe from US based promos?

I inadvertently started the questionnaire , then abandoned it when I recognised the US based details used. I have since received a series of follow-up emails urging me to complete the process. The promo is not at all clear as to its status vis a vis Turbo Tax -- very ambiguously presented.

0 1 630
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 6:28:14 AM

According to law, there should be a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. Please give that a try; it can take a day or two to take effect, but that should do the trick.

Not to worry; if you're subscribed to TurboTax Canada emails, unsubscribing from US emails won't impact your Canadian preferences.

If after a couple of days you receive another email, please post back and we'll escalate the issue to our US partners on your behalf.

1 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 6:28:14 AM

According to law, there should be a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. Please give that a try; it can take a day or two to take effect, but that should do the trick.

Not to worry; if you're subscribed to TurboTax Canada emails, unsubscribing from US emails won't impact your Canadian preferences.

If after a couple of days you receive another email, please post back and we'll escalate the issue to our US partners on your behalf.