Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was working for a casual work at the end of december 2014 and got my pay in January 2015, can I claim it as the income of 2014?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was working for a casual work at the end of december 2014 and got my pay in January 2015, can I claim it as the income of 2014?

You must report it in the. 2015 tax year. It is when you get your pay that is important, and will show up on a T-slip or pay stub.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You must report it in the. 2015 tax year. It is when you get your pay that is important, and will show up on a T-slip or pay stub.

I won't have T4 for that though cause I was paied by cheque, does that still apply? thank you

It still applies, unless your check has a 2014 date.

Got it, thank you for the answer.

Please check the helpful box. Thx!