Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keekers89

If I don't make a repayment to my Home Buyer's Plan is it automatically calculated and added to my taxable income? Or is there a form that I need to submit?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I don't make a repayment to my Home Buyer's Plan is it automatically calculated and added to my taxable income? Or is there a form that I need to submit?

Are you required to make a repayment? There is a grace period of two years before you need to begin repaying. 

If you do not, you're correct. The non-payment is treated as income. 

If you are repaying, you need to complete Schedule 7 to designate the amount you're paying. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Are you required to make a repayment? There is a grace period of two years before you need to begin repaying. 

If you do not, you're correct. The non-payment is treated as income. 

If you are repaying, you need to complete Schedule 7 to designate the amount you're paying. 

keekers89

If we get two years of a grace period then we should be fine until next year's tax season. Thanks for the info.