Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eduardo3

Dollar format error on Carry Forward form about Unused tuition and education amount. It is always auto-fixed to format "_.___,__" and get error "Please enter... 9999.99"

I am using Turbotax Standard 2018.  No matter the amount I entered on "Your unused tuition and education amount", the software always automatically corrects to the format "9.999,99" and when I click Continue, it returns the error message: "Please enter a dollar value in the format of 9999.99". 

Example: If I type 9999.99, the software autocorrect to 9.999,99.  So, the message error stuck on this form and I cannot resume filling up the rest of the tax return forms.  Please help!

Thank you!

9 Replies
Sandra6

Dollar format error on Carry Forward form about Unused tuition and education amount. It is always auto-fixed to format "_.___,__" and get error "Please enter... 9999.99"

I have exactly the same problem with the French version of TurboImpôt. When I try to enter an amount that is larger than 999 in "other income",  I receive an error message to enter the number in the format 9999,00  when I do that the software automatically transforms the number into the 9.999,00 format and displays again the error message that the used format is not the right format.

I can only enter numbers rom 1 to 999 !!! Please help and fix otherwise I cannot use the software for my tax report.

We have not seen an error of this type, nor have we been able to recreate it. I suggest you sign out of your TurboTax return, and when you sign in again, check for any updates. Then when you make the entry, enter your digits using only the decimal point - 9999.99 whether you are in the Forms view or EasyStep.

Eduardo3

If I enter "9999.99", the TurboTax autocorrect to "9.999,99" and then pop up the window with the error message.  I already log out / log in,  checked for the updates.  The only workaround to move on was to edit by the Forms view, then click on the top right "view summary" and then click on the next page I would like to go on the left panel using the EasyStep.  Is it related to the source language of Windows? If so, I already change the configuration on Windows to use always decimal points as "9999.99",  but even so it didn't fix the problem.
Sandra6

I have exactly the same problem with the French version of TurboImpôt. When I try to enter an amount that is larger than 999 in "other income",  I receive an error message to enter the number in the format 9999,00  when I do that the software automatically transforms the number into the 9.999,00 format and displays again the error message that the used format is not the right format.

I can only enter numbers rom 1 to 999 !!! Please help and fix otherwise I cannot use the software for my tax report.

@Sandra Please call our Customer Support team for help with this. Please follow the instructions below to reach an agent:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

I am having the same issue... error message: Please enter a dollar value in the format of 9999.99

If add any value higher than 999 I have this issue, does not matter if I use , or . it is always the same error.

Also the import tax data from CRA/RQ does not work either, T4 and RL1 data has a lot information missing, I have noticed the same issue since 2017, cannot believe that Intuit cannot fix that.... 

Can you please contact our customer service so that they can view your return with you to see what the issue is.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

filipevsm

I'm having the exact same problem, with the message "Please enter a dollar value in the format of 9999.99" occuring. I have tried all types of combinations like 9999.99, 9999,99, 999999, 9999, nothing seems to get rid of the message and now I'm stuck in the Easy Step screen I'm at, only being possible to procceed if I open the forms directly which I'm not familiarized with.

Can you guys please help with this workaround?