Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GordF

"If I use the CRA auto-fill a second time (to get new slips), will it overwrite changes that I have already made on some of the downloaded slips (T5008s)?

I have used the cra auto-fill, and modified my downloaded T5008s to show interest splitting at 50% with my spouse.  I am still expecting some additional slips, so if I use the cra auto-fill a second time, will it overwrite the changes to these T5008s that I have already made in Turbo Tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"If I use the CRA auto-fill a second time (to get new slips), will it overwrite changes that I have already made on some of the downloaded slips (T5008s)?

If Auto-Fill thinks it’s the same slip as it download from before, it won’t import it again. But if you made significant changes to a slip, Auto-Fill might not recognize it as the same slip as before, so it may want to download a duplicate. However, you can choose which slips you want to import, so you can just choose not to take the T5008s again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If Auto-Fill thinks it’s the same slip as it download from before, it won’t import it again. But if you made significant changes to a slip, Auto-Fill might not recognize it as the same slip as before, so it may want to download a duplicate. However, you can choose which slips you want to import, so you can just choose not to take the T5008s again.