Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geigerfam

If my daughter's tuition was approx.$3300 & she doesn't have any tax payable, what do I enter as the transfer tuition amount to her parent, $5000 or her actual tuition $?

Just not sure whether I am to be entering the tuition $ from her T2202A or this $5000 max amount.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my daughter's tuition was approx.$3300 & she doesn't have any tax payable, what do I enter as the transfer tuition amount to her parent, $5000 or her actual tuition $?

Complete your daughter's tax return.  The schedule 11 and the provincial schedule 11 will advise you of how much may be transferred.  There are amounts calculated and added to the tuition paid based on the number of months of full time/part time education, as indicated on the T2202.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Complete your daughter's tax return.  The schedule 11 and the provincial schedule 11 will advise you of how much may be transferred.  There are amounts calculated and added to the tuition paid based on the number of months of full time/part time education, as indicated on the T2202.

so is the answer 3300 (tuition +months) or 5000?

Have you not completed your dependant's tax return?  As I said in my answer that will tell you the maximum that can be transferred.