Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedooley

Error: Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. If you don't enter it, when the CRA..............

I don’t understand why I am getting this message when I try and Netfile.  My spouse did not work in 2018.  I answered this question as no when setting up her profile.  When I click on fix the error it brings me to the page for her asking about contact info/ personal information.  The system will not let me netfile until I clear the error?  Where do you enter her income as 0?

2 Replies

Error: Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. If you don't enter it, when the CRA..............

If you are using TurboTax installed/downloaded to your computer, please make sure you have updated the software. There was an issue with this that was fixed in a recent update, so you should be able to successfully NetFile after installing the update. 

I log in online, but I am still having this issue.